Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Taper update

It's actually going okay so far. I've been taking it easy and enjoying it rather than going a bit crazy which I thought I might. I think that has a lot to do with being confident in your fitness at this stage and also in the schedule you are following. All you can do in this last couple of weeks is blow your race by either taking it too easy or doing too much, so hopefully I'm finding the happy medium.

Sunday I woke up with no residue in the legs after Saturday's long run. I hit the roads at my usual pre dawn/kids' waking up time and ran 8 miles at a good clip. The rest of the day was spent doing family stuff and then off to neighborhood Halloween festivities. The kids had a blast trick or treating and I enjoyed my last bit of bad eating and drinking I'm going to allow myself until the 13th!

Monday was a rest day and then Tuesday I ran nice and easy with the miners for another 8 miles. Today Jay and I hit up Lansdowne at 5:30am for our last 'hard' workout before the race. We clipped along for 10 miles at about 5:50 pace, chatting about this and that most of the way. Another little confidence booster.

Rest of week will be easy miles. Friday or Saturday I'll be doing 14 with a couple of miles at MP just to remind the legs and body of the work it's going to need to do a week later. I'll also throw in some drills and strides at some point to keep the legs ticking over nicely

Sunday all eyes will be on NYC to see how Meb, Ritz, Geb, Spada and Kahn fare!!

No comments:

Post a Comment