Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby steps

Back 'running' again. Yesterday hit up Mcalpine early doors with the Budic for five very slow miles. I ran very cautiously, my calves still feel very fragile! Was great to catch up with Tim again. Very excited to see how his plans to go sub 2.25 go over the Winter! Coach for cash

Tim proceeded to complete the sale of his house and then set off back to Cleveland. More than 24 hours later he still finds himself on I-77 after getting snowed in en route and spending the night in a Walmart parking lot. Sorry bud!!

This morning I got up to run early but procrastinated and by the time I'd cooked some cinnamon rolls for the kids the smell was just too good to resist so I tucked in myself and put off the run till later. Eventually ended up running home from Walmart via Mcalpine once we'd stocked up on our Christmas food and reached our credit card limit. This ended up being 5 miles again, slightly faster this time at 7:30 pace but still being very tentative for now!

Enjoying this recovery business! If I run, all the better, if I don't it doesn't really matter! Can see this happening for at least a couple more weeks before I start to think about structuring my schedule a bit more again.

For those who haven't seen it yet here is a bit of David Cook accompanied footage of last week's marathon. Awesome!

Thunder Road

No comments:

Post a Comment