Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Final tune up in the books

Having had mixed fortunes of late with my workouts it was with a steely determination that I headed out this morning to try and nail my final workout before Saturday’s race. Luckily Jay was back in town for a couple of days so he kindly agreed to work out with me while he was down and this helped us get a pretty decent workout in this morning! The goal was to run two miles tempo to the track, rest a minute, run a 5 minute mile, rest three minutes then finish off with 2 ks in 3:05. I hit 11:54, 5:01 and then two 3:06s to finish off. I’m not going to lie this was hard work but at least I didn’t pussy out of the workout like I have for a few of the last ones!

So I’m happy with my form heading up to Ohio and will take it nice and easy for the rest of the week before hitting the race hard on Saturday. With the weather looking hot and humid through the weekend all bets are off with regard to what time I think I can run but I plan to get in the mix and race well

No comments:

Post a Comment