Monday, April 11, 2011

Week in review

65 miles, 3 workouts, longest run 10 miles

Considering that I had run the 10k on the Saturday leading into this week, 3 workouts was probably pushing it. I didn't run today and will have a fairly easy week this week.

Heading to the track tomorrow night for some speedwork and then nice and easy the rest of the week before the Run For the Money 5k on Saturday.

I do this race every year. The overall and age group winners get to donate a sum of money to the Non Profit Organization of their choice depending on where they finish. With a 2nd and two wins in this event previously I have managed to earn $2.5k for the Catawba Lands Conservancy and I'll be hoping to add some more money to that total on Saturday. I'm hoping I don't have to bust a gut to get the victory but obviously that will depend on who turns up. The course is tough indeed and I really could do with this just being a 'workout' rather than a race, especially with the Mile race in town the following weekend. I have run 16:59 there the past two years and would like to be able to 'just' have to run around that time on Saturday. We'll see.

Elsewhere, it's good to see Jordan on the road to recovery and some solid podium positions for John C, Caitlin, BMac, the Crockfords and Steve this past weekend. A lot of my friends are gearing up for an assault on Boston and I am looking forward to tracking them next Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Have your computer ready at 10am next Monday...should be fun!

    ReplyDelete