Friday, February 5, 2010

Change of plans

My original intention was to run the Columbia Half on 2/27 as the goal race of this block. However, I have decided to ditch this race and run the Corporate Cup Half a week later here in Charlotte instead. The course in Charlotte is very tough (including a brutal last couple of miles from the bottom of Morehead) but at least I will know the route very well. With Columbia I had no idea what the course was like, the race entry was going to be twice that of the bargain $35 for Corporate, then there was gas and having to drive down VERY early on the Saturday to get the race in time. Plus of course I now get an extra week of training! Coach has been notified and the new slightly tweaked training plan delivered. Now looking forward to rocking the first major race of the 2010 Charlotte road racing season...

No comments:

Post a Comment