Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hard earned rest

I didn’t know what to do with myself when I woke up this morning! Naturally I stirred at 5 (my normal get up time!) but this time instead of reluctantly swinging my legs over the edge of the bed and getting up I merely smiled and turned back over and went back to sleep! Yes, today was the first day in the past two weeks that I didn’t have to get up for a run. Of course after that I kept waking up again every few minutes but it was nice to be able to just get up when I wanted this morning.

After workouts Saturday, Monday and Wednesday and a race ahead on Saturday I took today off and will be going light tomorrow. My workouts have been going well (see r2w link to the right) and I’m confident that I’m going to have a better showing in one of my upcoming races. Whether that will be on Saturday we will see. It is a very tough course and I will still have those three recent workouts in my legs, but my confidence in my fitness is definitely growing. My new ‘goal’ race for this period of my training is a 5k in China Grove on Friday 11th June. It is a night race, straight out and back on the main street and is reputably fast- certainly faster than either of the 2 grand prix races I have before then anyway!

After June 11 I plan to chill out for a while, ‘regenerate’ while watching copious amounts of World Cup football (Eng-er-lund!!), before hitting the next phase of training again in July, gearing up for Greek Fest 5k in August and beyond that (don’t tell Tim yet!) a potential Fall marathon.

Until after Saturday’s race….

1 comment:

  1. I can attest first hand how well your training is progressing...keep it up mate!

    ReplyDelete