Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rough day

And it all started off so optimistically with a nice and easy run this morning. I ran 3 miles on my own, met up with Pete, who I am 'coaching', paced him through his 4*800 workout, threw in some striders while Pete was doing his recovery laps and ran home for a total of 7 miles in 50 mins.

From there the day went progressively downhill! Very stressful day at work, came out of a meeting with the CFO feeling I'd gone ten rounds with Tyson, looked at my screen and a buddy on the West Coast had decided to instant message me the following- "Looks like Man U went down". Thanks Justin! Salt, wounds, etc. So despite avoiding the internet and warning as many people as possible not to mention the game as I was recording it, I found out we'd been demolished in the Final. I haven't brought myself to watching any of the game yet. Apparently it was very one-sided so fair play to Barca, worthy winners and a formidable team.

At least tomorrow can only be a better day, can't it??

No comments:

Post a Comment