Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Paying the price!

So I may have pushed it a little harder than I should have yesterday! Woke up this morning and the groin/hamstrings were very sore! Luckily I wasn't running as I was meeting Billy later for a course preview run after work, so I spent the day walking around the office trying to get some blood flow and recovery to the areas!

Straight out of the office at 5 and to the shop to pick up some new kicks. I went with the Mizuno Wave Rider 13 again having just got 450 miles out of the last pair! Then Billy and I went for a 9 mile jaunt around the city including a circuit of Saturday's race. My legs were sore but I was definitely doing more good by jogging than doing nothing. I had a really good stretch after and hopefully I'll feel a bit better in the am and back to normal by Saturday. Having heard the sort of line up that seems to be developing for the race I can't wait to lace up and chase after these guys, it certainly looks like it could be an exciting race, especially with the last section being straight down hill!

No comments:

Post a Comment