Sunday, January 24, 2010

Home from home



What a miserable day of weather today- definitely a reminder of winter in England! It was a day for staying inside, crashing on the sofa and eating the contents of the fridge, so I did- it's amazing how a trip to Blockbuster can keep a 3 and 6 year old happy for hours at a time (yes it was a "bad parent" day)

I got my 16 mile run in early. It was miserable but luckily Jordan and Tom joined me to help pass the time and ignore the rain. As I drove home at 8.30 the roads were pretty deserted except for the cars of the few people who didn't consider it too wet to go to church and the 4 or 5 lone runners I came across. Getting it done, regardless of the weather, good stuff.

The 16 enabled me to surpass my previous weekly record mileage high as I head into next week's 'down time'. I won't know what to do with myself tomorrow and the next morning as my next run won't be until after work on Tuesday. Hopefully it will have stopped raining by then

No comments:

Post a Comment