Sunday, August 22, 2010

More hay in the barn

Another week, another solid week of training. 70 miles on 7 runs including long run of 16 today and 2 good workouts. Friday I headed to PDS to do 8 400s with 200m walk recovery. Having done 16 the previous week with half the rest, this was supposed to be a fairly light workout in comparison focussing on developing cadence and getting some speed in the legs. All 8 were sub 70 and I closed with a 64.9. It was pleasing to be able to hit the target times fairly comfortably. It was also nice to be sharing the track with Billy, B Mac, Spada and Jordan. At 6am the more company the better!

Next week is another down week with hopefully a good performance at Greek Fest at the end of it. I have tomorrow off, a 2 mile, 2*1 mile, 4*400 workout on Tuesday and easy running the rest of the week. If the weather complies I'm feeling in pretty good shape for a sub 16 attempt on Saturday. After that the focus on Richmond will be intensified, as I head into the more marathon specific section of my training.

If I can hold everything together leading into Richmond I'm pretty excited I can run well there. After all, this time last year I was still out with a stress fracture and came back to post a good effort at Thunder Road. In fact, looking back at my training log for last year, I was over 1,000 miles below my current year's total at the same time last year. My barn certainly has a lot more hay in it this year.....

No comments:

Post a Comment