Monday, August 30, 2010

Knackered

Tim's and Steve's favorite British expression. Definition from Wikipedia as follows...

Adjective form from "ready for the knacker's yard" or "fit to be knackered", meaning "worn-out livestock, fit to be slaughtered and rendered".

That's how I felt this morning! Luckily Aaron was around to give me some company and we had a nice early morning run on the trails (8 miles at 7:45 pace). I'm hoping another little shakeout run tomorrow morning will have my legs back in some sort of shape for tomorrow evening's planned workout- especially as it is supposed to be 95 degrees and I'll be doing the bulk of it solo!

Interestingly my legs felt pretty decent for Sunday's 16.5 miler which I clicked off solo at 4.30 am at around a 6:50 pace. I'm looking forward to this next 'marathon specific' phase of my training. The mileage is going to rise and the length of the workouts increase. Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. Apparently the great 70's British marathoner Ron Hill was "knackered!" all the time as I just read in "Lore of Running"...enjoy your Budic trip!

    ReplyDelete