Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3,000 up

Miles 13.5
Time 1:43:17

Halfway into today’s Miners Run I brought up my 3,000 miles for the year. I remember at the end of last year hoping I would be able to crack the 2,500 barrier in 2010 for the first time, so I have smashed that out of the park- an ode to virtually injury free running!

Mike and Ben have started meeting up at 5 now on Tuesdays. Naturally if I am awake at this time (which I usually am) I will head out of the door rather than wait for the 5:30 crew. So that immediately puts 4 miles on to my run. The other reason this morning’s run was long was the influence of the returning Megan who took us on the longest route possible in Mcalpine today. I was happy with this though- the extra mileage, run at a nice slower fat burning pace, will have helped address the ridiculous amount of food I ate at Applebee’s last night with my parents. It does put a spanner in the layout of the work I had planned for the rest of the week though. I was going to do workouts Wednesday and Saturday (yes, Christmas Day) but will now do them Friday and Sunday instead.

Today is my last day of work until next Monday. I am looking forward to spending some time with my parents and getting my last minute Xmas shopping done. I wish my reader a very Happy Christmas and New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment