Friday, December 31, 2010

Night and Day

Miles 9
Time 1:04:50

Well that was a pleasant surprise. I woke up this morning feeling markedly better in myself and went out and actually had a decent enough run. The company and hour certainly helped. Being off work and with the girls still up in VA I was able to hijack Ben and John's run with Meagan and Billy and we ran around a still muddy and partially snowy Mcalpine again. I'm still shaking this bug thing I've got but certainly felt a lot better today.

Still feel really sluggish though, legs very heavy. My hamstrings are so tight that they are noticeably sore and it is definitely affecting my turnover and efficiency. One of my New Year resolutions is to improve my flexibility and dedicate myself to stretching and massaging better next year. Without improving this aspect I've got no chance of getting faster. Speaking of which, two of my aims for the early part of 2011 are to beat both my 5k and 10k PRs. The 10k will be at Richmond in April, the 5k will likely be one of the Spring track meets. The rest of 2011 is as yet undecided. A Fall marathon is definitely a possibility but may leave it a little longer.

Here's to a great 2011! Hangover run at Mcalpine tomorrow, my competitors will be more hungover than me that's for sure but I am looking forward to having a few drinks and seeing the Year in with Lisa and Emily.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment