Saturday, December 11, 2010

Charlotte's day of running

Miles 16.44
Time 1:41:49

The day started with a pretty lame attempt at pacing Jordan. I managed 10k with him but never really felt that comfortable and was a bit disappointed to have to let him go on his own at the 10k mat. I carried on running on the course just past the 11 mile mark where I stopped and cheered a few friends through and headed back to my car, got into some warm clothes and walk/jogged over to the finish area so I could hang out with friends and watch people finish. Jordan went on to run 2:24:46 an incredible solo effort, Billy ran an awesome 2:41, Danielle memorably achieved her sub 3 hour goal by 14 seconds and Kevin finished his first marathon with a comfortable BQ.

Suitably inspired I headed home and picked the kids up for the second instalment of Charlotte's big day. Had fun hanging out at Mcalpine watching the Womens and Mens Open races and then it was Emily and Sophie's turn to organize their own race when we got home!

The third part of the day involved beer and plenty of it as I was able to enjoy a rare night out in town with some of Charlotte's finest runners at the post race party.

A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment